Veni, Vidi, Dormivi

Back to blogging for the 5th time.

Labels: ,

  It looks like blogspot changed a lot since I had some blogs 5 years back. My first blogging experience was when I was in Malaysia, in 1996, when I had a blog back in Geocities, but we all know that is gone now. and one that I built on the school's server in 1998, then the school's server crashed. I also had one back in University, made for HTML class credit, but the University no longer has it.

  Then I returned to Brazil. Around 2004 I got a blog at juliosblog.blogspot.com. Put some artwork, poetry, animation work and resume online. Then I got caught between two girls, Eliana Londero and Maria Lopez. One who lived near me, one who I met online and lived 3 states away . Chose the easier choice, regretted it, then when I tried to change things, Maria was already dating, and I got real depressed and deleted it. That's a story for a future post (Lucky 7, how I suffered through 6 terrible relationships and struck jackpot at number 7. On the 7th. At 7 o'clock.).

  Oh, I also made a blog to post pics of my siblings for my step-father. How they have grown. *sniff*

  Cut forward to a few years to 2006, and I decided to make money. If you wish to see drunken posts of characters from my role-playing RPG sessions in terrible English and incorrect Portuguese, feel free to visit JCM rpg art. The great thing about it is that all that SEO stuff I used to care about did come in handy, it still appears in the first page of a google search for "RPG ART", and I did make some money on adsense. But then I forgot my password, and that's that.

  There was also an art commissions / requests blog, which did also make me some money. $10 for a half-hour ballpoint pen drawing of your RPG character. I even got to do 3 book covers. Then I started getting busy with teaching and the like, and sadly there went my free time.

  I also had a webcomic, which I hope actually to finish one day, although in Print format. One of three stories I have plotted-out and written. I even had a little challenge blog, to earn $15000 from blogging in six months, but then I just ended up not having time. I did get about $2465.90 in two months according to my last blog update. Not much, but it got me some Paypal money to pre-order some Nintendo DSlites and PSPs. If I could only find out my adsense password, I'd probably have maybe a thousand more.

  One thing still bugs me, is why are blog templates still forcing the 800px width, when few people have that small a monitor. Even the iPad can do any size (IGN, take a hint, its not innovative to have your site load on iDevices with those empty sides, yes we know now you sell that space for ads, but surely you can make you site fit the screen resolution of the visitor, right?)

Now a test pic, which was supposed to be the purpose of this post, of my son.
1 comments:

Cute kid you have there. Good luck!!


Post a Comment

Total Pageviews